Welcome to SEO 101
This isn’t a formal SEO 101 class, but I doubt you’ve been learning SEO in a classroom regardless. I don’t think there is any way to teach someone SEO because to be good at it, there is one major prerequisite- You have to be passionate about SEO.
That said, we normally start with the most basic question… WHAT IS SEO? If you’ve been doing this for a while, you already know, otherwise, you can read up on the 5 articles I’ve listed below:
- What Is SEO? (I’ll tell you this much… it’s an acronym for Search Engine Optimization!)
- How Search Engines Work
- Search Engine Friendly Basics
- Why Search Engine Marketing is Necessary
- Understanding the SEO Process
- Keyword Research
- Technical SEO
- Mobile Readiness
- Getting to Know Your Audience
- Content Marketing Strategy
- Online PR
- Social Media Strategy
- Record Results, Draw Actionable Insights and Repeat
- On page SEO and What Factors Matter to SEO
- Explain what a keyword is?
- The definition of “query?”
- Learning Semantic Search and LSI
- Why Google introduced Hummingbird
- Understanding Searcher Intent
- What is Off Page SEO?